About New York Specialized High Schools
New York’s Specialized High Schools were established under New York State Law 2590 – Section G.
Admission to these schools are based on the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test.
To apply, students must be residents of New York City.
Each school provides students with a unique opportunity to pursue special interests and to develop their talents. Entrance into these schools is by examination except for Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts which is by audition and a review of academic records. Students should meet with their respective guidance counselor to discuss registration for the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT) or audition requirements.
List of New York Specialized High Schools
- Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts (Manhattan)
- Bronx High School of Science (Bronx)
- The Brooklyn Latin School (Brooklyn)
- Brooklyn Technical High School (Brooklyn)
- High School for Mathematics, Science and Engineering at the City College (Manhattan)
- High School of American Studies at Lehman College (Bronx)
- Queens High School for the Sciences at York College (Queens)
- Staten Island Technical High School (Staten Island)
- Stuyvesant High School (Manhattan)